We are experienced Communications Experts with a track record of delivering innovative solutions for brand owners that drive business performance. The Digital Filter was founded to help companies innovate, supporting this aim with a range of effective training and creative solutions.
Current Clients include – IPC Media, Future Publishing, The PPA and Macmillan Publishing.
Specialties: Digital Marketing | Creative Thinking / Innovation | Content Strategy I Strategic Planning | Training | Content Partnerships | Public Speaking
- Video of The Week
Kirby Ferguson – The Rise of the Patent Troll
- This Week’s Top Ten Stories
19th April 2014
1) A real cracker of a TV programme for this Easter weekend - Saturday on BBC2 - ‘How The Foundling Hospital helped save The Messiah’. Also a great article on this and the charitable power of The Messiah in general, in this week’s Big Issue.
2) New video piece from the excellent Kirby Ferguson series -Everything is a Remix - The Rise of the Patent Troll
3) Infographic - Don Draper’s Moments of Marketing Wisdom
4) Beautiful video - The Weight of Mountains - how mountains are built and destroyed ( HT @neilperkin )
5) Amazon launches Fire TV ( up against Apple TV among others ) and with this in mind an interesting piece on The Future of TV ( from Black Box Strategy ) – ‘ I still give Apple the clear lead. Airplay remains very compelling both from a technical and business model perspective; Amazon has the business model, while it’s more difficult to see the long term upside for Google or Roku, and Microsoft is stuck in its niche.’
6) From @contagious - A glimpse into the future of Branded Content Marketing
7) Delightful and definitely worth delving into - The Periodic Table of Storytelling
8) What can the origins of the BBC tells us about the Future? It’s first director general, John Reith, said that the BBC should be the citizen’s ‘guide, philosopher and friend’. Also from the article : “Broadcasting…. is in its infancy; it is comparable to the rudest scratchings on the cave-man’s dark walls, to the guttural sounds which served the first homo sapiens for speech.”
9) My money is on you…… Can you beat 400 people at US Geography ?
10) Back in the day, we thought it was pretty cool. Not so anymore - Here are some kids reactions to a Walkman.
Latest Blog Posts
- Whisper and our World of withering communications
We are creating little and saying even less.
In the ways that we create content and communicate with each other, we are on a slippery slope – sliding from a place of relative depth and richness, down towards a trough of levity and brevity.
If you draw a line through history, starting with the lengthy discourses of the Homeric oral tradition, through the first hand written and mostly religious books, the evolution of the novel and then the production of news sheets and periodicals – the stuff we create nowadays is less considered in construction and very often shorter in manifestation.
- Why Digital Natives Are Not The Future
Why Digital Natives are not the Future
19th Oct 2013
We often talk in hushed and reverent tones about the motivations and media habits of ‘Digital Natives’ – how this group is different from previous generations in terms of their interaction with technology and media channels; and from a marketing perspective, how we can best communicate with them and persuade them.
Continue reading →