We are experienced Communication, Innovation and L&D Experts, with a track record of delivering creative solutions for brand owners that drive business performance. The Filter Group was created to help companies innovate, supporting this aim with a range of effective training and creative solutions.
Current Client list includes : The Financial Times, Star TV, MediaCorp, Haymarket Media Group, Future Publishing, IPC Magazines, the PPA, Macmillan Publishing and JC Decaux.
- Our Videos
I delivered a TED talk at TEDx Royal Tunbridge Wells on the subject of How Street Wisdom Changed My Life. If you are interested, more information on the rather wonderful Street Wisdom can also be found here.
- Stories We’ve Enjoyed This Week
25th January 2020
- Netflix has bumped Aldi off the top spot on the BrandIndex, a YouGov barometer that ranks brands on their “buzz” – a position that Aldi has occupied for the past five years.…and Wired thinks that Netflix’s Studio Ghibli streaming deal is a stroke of genius. Hayao Miyazaki’s films are a perfect antidote for our troubled era.
- Tim Harford, believes that 10 years of social media have left us less well off. But he caveats..’I should not exaggerate. This isn’t 1984. Partisan news sources were popular long before we self-selected into online echo chambers. Propaganda is not new. And there are benefits from social media: it gives a platform to all sorts of people who deserve to be heard. But it is hard to make the case that social media has led to a more thoughtful, rigorous or compassionate discourse about politics.’
- From Contagious –The World’s Best Strategy. Inc. Nike, Black & Abroad, Microsoft, Burger King, Coke and the FT.
- JWT’s take on CES 2020. Including, auditory health,sex tech, pet tech, travel tech and entertainment futures. In this last space, Quibi sounds interesting. Introducing their “quick bite” entertainment platform, when it launches in April 2020, the service will offer a slate of movies, reality TV, unscripted documentaries and news programs released in 5- to 10-minute snackable segments. Co-founder is Jeffrey Katzenberg.
- The event is going to be smaller this year, for obvious reasons, but this graph shows just how big Chinese New Year is. The World’s Largest Migration.
- Google has designed an envelope you can use to hide your phone from yourself. The envelope only lets you use the phone’s dialer.
- This brilliant idea, from 2013, popped up again recently. As fresh now as it was then. 350.org calls for hurricanes to be named after climate change deniers.
- Interesting piece from @Faris. Consider the Creme egg: Mondelez looks to streaming. ‘ The 2020 communication approach will drop the mainstay medium of broadcast television in favour of running ads on Youtube, Facebook and outdoor media, which will be used to replace lost reach, while the budget stays the same.’
- Fortnite gamers swap taking lives for saving lives in International Red Cross game mode.
- Following a recent Twitter thread, thousands of people shared stories of finding deceased friends and family members. This is Grieving With Google Street View.
- From Spotify. The Sound of Everything. A map showing one song from every genre they currently track.
- ‘The worst lie since Santa’: why Carpool Karaoke is TV’s biggest con.
- Expedia releases a tactical Canada Ad following Harry and Meghan’s news.
- XKCD on choosing the right emotional tone for your unsubscribe message.
- Marketoonist on brainstorming customer satisfaction metrics. Let’s keep ideas to things we can actually control…
- The Sound of Berlin. A video using original sounds of the city. 6 days of shooting, 850 sounds, in one minute.
Latest Blog Posts
- How Destinations are Harnessing the Power of Sport
30th November 2019
I was part of a panel at World Travel Market a couple of weeks back, on the subject of Powering Peoples Passions. How Destinations are Harnessing the Power of Sport.
On the panel were Chris Meyer (Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority) and Akito Tadokoro (Tokyo CVB). The session was presented by Discovery Channel and moderated by Mike Rich, their Head of Sports Marketing Solutions.Continue reading →
- MDSG : Advertising Agency of the Year – Chartered Institute of Marketing Awards 2019
MDSG : Advertising Agency of the Year – Chartered Institute of Marketing Awards 2019
‘I have worked 30+ years in advertising, at Saatchi & Saatchi, Dentsu, Publicis and News UK among others. All of this considered, this is the best team I have worked with and my proudest moment.’
- Stories from SxSW 2019
1st April 2019
I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH to attend SxSW in the lovely city of Austin, again this year, and would like to share a personal perspective on this show — some of what I saw and what I have taken away.
A long piece this, but you can see the separate sessions listed directly below, in case you want to dive in…..Continue reading →