We are experienced Communication and Innovation Experts, with a track record of delivering creative solutions for brand owners that drive business performance. The Digital Filter was founded to help companies innovate, supporting this aim with a range of effective training and creative solutions.
Current Clients include – The Financial Times, Haymarket Media Group, IPC Media (London and Manchester), Future Publishing, The PPA and Macmillan Publishing.
Specialties: Digital Marketing | Creative Thinking / Innovation | Content Strategy I Strategic Planning | Training | Content Partnerships | Public Speaking
- Video of The Week
‘I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote, I love to sail forbidden seas’.
- Ten Stories We’ve Enjoyed This Week
…and the same, but for Non-Fiction books.
2) Instagram gets to 300 million users worldwide and is now bigger than Twitter.
3) Interesting read from NYT – Why Are Some Cultures More Individualistic Than Others?
4) The 10 Most Viewed 3D Printed Products in November ( from Shapeways ).
6) How St Nicholas became Santa Claus – one version is a much more gruesome story than you’d imagine.
7) Love this – Walking While Working. Here is a company who took their office on the road ( and across a park and up a hill…. ).
8) BBC Five Live had a very engaging interview with James Hadfield – The Singing Astronaut this week ; which also involved a Q&A with a group of Manchester school kids . Inspirational stuff and especially recommended for all those of younger years , who have not yet decided what path to take in life.
9) 2014 was the ‘Year of the Drone’. Here are some drone highlights – both legal and illegal aerial shots.
10) Fabulous short, futuristic space exploration video from Erik Wernquist – Wanderers. A quote is included from Moby Dick ‘I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote, I love to sail forbidden seas’.
And here, some extra weekend reads…..
I won’t be trying this one when I go skiing next year – Voted by Powder magazine : The Skiing Line Of The Year.
Not a good time to take a helicopter sightseeing tour – Spectacular pictures show a sea of dense clouds filling the Grand Canyon , due to a rare weather system.
Two short videos : A player from Ice Hockey team the New York Rangers, wins game after having part of his left ear reattached.
Uncanny, from Metro : Sex dolls look incredibly lifelike in this seductive fashion shoot.
Latest Blog Posts
- The Geography of Ideas
15th October 2014
One of the most important areas in any creative thinking process, and one often ignored in brainstorm sessions, is The Geography of Ideas.
A definition of Geography is – ‘ the nature and relative arrangement of people and places’. With regards to brainstorming, the relative arrangement of people and how they interact in a creative thinking session, is fundamental to its success.
- A Street Wisdom Adventure in Marylebone
9th Sept 2014
I ran a #street_wisdom adventure ( http://www.streetwisdom.org ) with the very wonderful people from Future Publishing, this week
We spent some relaxing and contemplative time in a few peaceful residential streets east of Marylebone station and west of Gloucester Place
We had a whole range of questions for the street, such as –
What can be my new hobby? Should I move into town or out to the country? How can I get out of the rat race and follow my passion? I’d like to move my family to a warm climate – how can I make this real? I’m stuck in a bit of a rut and would like to bring my dream to life? I’d like to get even more happiness in my life