We are experienced Communications Experts with a track record of delivering innovative solutions for brand owners that drive business performance. The Digital Filter was founded to help companies innovate, supporting this aim with a range of effective training and creative solutions.
Current Clients include – IPC Media, Future Publishing, The PPA and Macmillan Publishing.
Specialties: Digital Marketing | Creative Thinking / Innovation | Content Strategy I Strategic Planning | Training | Content Partnerships | Public Speaking
- Video of The Week
The Golden Age of Bullshit
- This Week’s Top Ten Stories
12th April 2014
1) From the great @Adcontrarian (Bob Hoffman) speaking at the Advertising Week conference, on The Golden Age of Bullshit.
2) Interesting piece on how social media accelerates access to new and different information - a new study by Newsworks and Twitter has found that 60% of respondents had engaged with News brands on Twitter, that they wouldn’t typically read in print.
3) Everything you need to know about the Heartbleed Virus.
4) From Frederic Filloux - Why Religion is a safer bet than Facebook - ‘Casting doubt on Facebook’s future is like going to Rome and questioning the existence of God. It’s not the right venue to do so….. Why then, question Facebook’s future? Mainly for two reasons: ARPU evolution and diversification’.
5) So they may soon find Flight 370, but just how deep could the aircraft be? Take a look at this amazing graph to really understand the Depth of The Problem - It could be 15,000 feet down.
7) If Social Networks were Game of Thrones Houses - ‘When you play the game of social media, you win or you die’.
The new series is on our screens, but If you have missed out on the story so far, here is a re-cap from Wired.
And (gruesome alert) here is every on-screen death from the first three seasons of the show.
9) Interesting piece from @neilperkin’s, @fraggl feed: “‘Big data’ has arrived, but big insights have not. The challenge now is to solve new problems and gain new answers – without making the same old statistical mistakes on a grander scale than ever. Tim Harford from Undercover Economist, asks whether we’re making a Big mistake with Big Data.
10) How to explain Bitcoin to your Mum (comic strip) I think, with this, I finally get it….
Latest Blog Posts
- Whisper and our World of withering communications
We are creating little and saying even less.
In the ways that we create content and communicate with each other, we are on a slippery slope – sliding from a place of relative depth and richness, down towards a trough of levity and brevity.
If you draw a line through history, starting with the lengthy discourses of the Homeric oral tradition, through the first hand written and mostly religious books, the evolution of the novel and then the production of news sheets and periodicals – the stuff we create nowadays is less considered in construction and very often shorter in manifestation.
- Why Digital Natives Are Not The Future
Why Digital Natives are not the Future
19th Oct 2013
We often talk in hushed and reverent tones about the motivations and media habits of ‘Digital Natives’ – how this group is different from previous generations in terms of their interaction with technology and media channels; and from a marketing perspective, how we can best communicate with them and persuade them.
Continue reading →